Friday, July 25, 2008

Tacos Marquitos

When I first walked in and saw the pictures of the food on the wall, I got really excited because they carry things I don't normally see in Mexican restaurants. They offer corundas, tacos de papa (or as I refer to them papa tacos), enchilada Michoacan, pambazo and pozole just to name a few.  

The Gamma Burrito $4.25
Handmade flour tortilla

Carne asada, french fries, lettuce, tomato and sour cream. Looks really good but I thought the carne asada was too salty.
 
Corundas $6.50
This was my first time trying corundas.  I was not impressed.  The masa was too salty.  At least the castillo de puerco that accompanied the masa was good.

Pina (Large 44oz) $1.85
You can rarely go wrong with pina.

Oddly they keep the salsa behind the register.  I asked for spicy. It had heat but lacked flavor. It was too bad the food didn't live up the the pictures on the restaurant wall.  I mean even these pictures look pretty tasty but unfortunately these dishes looked better than they tasted.

Tacos Marquitos (Barstow & Cedar)
1772 E. Barstow
Fresno, CA 93710
559-447-5569 

YUM Meter: *

No comments: