Thursday, August 14, 2008

Portola Cafe

I love the Monterey Bay Aquarium! Now there's even more to love, Portola Cafe. The aquarium itself is no longer the only draw.  This yummy cafe & restaurant is ingenious; feeding hungry aquarium visitors quality food for a decent price. Can't wait to go back.

California Club $7.95
Photobucket
My hubby and baby enjoyed this delicious sandwich. I ordered clam chowder for my little one but she wanted nothing to do with the soup once dad came to the table with this.  We ate in the cafeteria side of the restaurant.  They had different areas: grill for hamburgers & fresh fish, soups & salads, pizza, beverages and sandwiches cooked to order.  Despite being so crowded you could barely stand in line, the crowd and wait were well worth it.  The clam chowder was cooked with bacon and really good but the sandwich by far stood out. You could skip the garlic fries, those were not worth the long wait at the grill.  Among the bevy of beverages, they offer Clover brand milk, which in my opinion is the best tasting and my baby agrees.  So next time you head to the aquarium, take some time to enjoy the Pacific ocean views while grubbing on some fine food at Portola Cafe.

Portola Cafe & Restaurant
Monterey Bay Aquarium
886 Cannery Row
Monterey, CA 93940
(831) 648-4870

YUM Meter: ***

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That lookths tho delithuthush. I wish I can have a sandwich right now. Mmmmm.