Thursday, October 2, 2008

The Corner Cafe

Continuing my search for a good sandwich lead me to The Corner Cafe. Another location I heard good things about but this time I kept my expectations low. I ordered the specialty sandwich: Corner Club-three toasted slices of potato bread with generous portions of roast beef, turkey and bacon with mayonnaise, lettuce and tomato. Served with fries. I thought what a good price advertised on their website $6.95. Alas when I went to pick up my food, I was slapped with the real price of $7.95. Eight bucks for a sandwich at a local little hole in the wall!! Outrageous! The sandwich was good (needed more mayo, I'm a heavy mayo gal) despite the price but I could get a club just as good (if not a little better) from Claim Jumpers. Mmm...I'm craving a club now.

Corner Club $7.95

The Corner Cafe
361 Pollasky Ave.
Clovis, CA 93612
(559) 298-7173
www.cloviscornercafe.com 

Yum Meter: **

4 comments:

NerdMom said...

When I was in high school it used to be better. I think that must have been under other ownership.

James said...

I sense a sandwich theme...
If you're ever on the south side of town, try Sunnyside Deli - they may not have a club (not sure), but they've got the best bacon in town. And I think all sandwiches and salads are under $7.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I heard this cafe was good too. But, that is a bit expensive for a sandwich!

SuperVal1977 said...

haha, I love the Corner Cafe! But, I don't like mayo, lol...their fries are excellent, and I like the fact that I can see what's up in the kitchen...