Thursday, October 2, 2008

New York Family Deli

I heard the sandwiches here were great and it had a sweet story. The story as I know it is the deli was opened by a firefighter who survived 9/11. I was on a sandwich kick and wanted to check it out and support a hero. I was overwhelmed by all the choices so in a rush I ordered the first two specialty sandwiches (one for my husband; I'm not that piggy!). #1 Brooklyn-capicolla, prosciutto, pepperoni, provolone cheese and wax peppers. #2 Bronx-genoa salami, capicolla, prosciutto and provolone cheese. Typing it out, the sandwiches are really similar. Both were awful. The worst proscuitto I've ever had; neither sweet nor salty. Just felt like chewing on pink, flavorless fat. I actually took the prosciutto out of my sandwich. The rest of the sandwich was dry and salty. Maybe that's how they like it in NY but that's not how I like my sandwiches.

Bronx $7.59
The looks of this picture are so deceiving.

New York Family Deli
1305 N. Willow Ave. #190
Clovis, CA 93611
(559) 324-9400
*Free Delivery with $25 minimum 

Yum Meter:

1 comment:

NerdMom said...

I read in the paper that it is closing or the owner is trying to sell it.